Mechanical Fixture for Functional Test
Columbia's Jupiter Mechanical Press is designed to provide precise, bed-of-nails contact, in a production test environment. Durable aluminum and steel construction and precision bearings insure accuracy and repeatability sufficient to contact test points as close as 10-mils center-to-center.
The unit can be configured to provide simultaneous contact to both the top and bottom sides of printed circuit boards or other substrates. The cost of probe plates and pusher plates is significantly lower than the cost of comparable vacuum fixturing and the press can be easily reconfigured for different UUT part numbers.
- Mechanical Operation
- Top and Bottom Side Probing
- Fine Pitch to .010" Center Spacing
- Top and Bottom Access Capability
- Replaceable Probe and Pusher Plates
- Linear Vertical Pusher Plate Motion
- No ESD Build-Up
- Bearing Life - 20 Million Cycles
- Solid Aluminum and Steel Construction
- Theta adjustment for top plate
- X-Y table for bottom probe plate
- Push Rods
- Spring Probes & Sockets
- Polycarbonite or G10 Top & Bottom Plates
- Maximum Test Area - 9.5" X 6.0" (UUT may extend beyond test area)
- Maximum Load - 515 lbs. (1500 standard force spring probes)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 12" x 9.25" x 11.5"
- Weight - 35 Lbs approx.
- Maximum Test Area -10" X 14" (UUT may extend beyond test area)
- Maximum Load - 860 lbs. (2500 standard force spring probes)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 15.5" x10" x 16"
- Weight - 50 Lbs. approx.