Alchemist III training course is a workshop designed to enable participants to create usable data for GenRad's TestStation and GenRad's 228x Series Machines. Participants gain real world knowledge with a hands-on approach to enhancing CAD data while working towards developing improved printed circuit assembly (PCA) test programs.
This course is a pre-requisite to GenRad's Tester Program Development courses - GR228x Level 1.
In-Circuit Test Engineers and Programmers
- Working knowledge of Windows 95/98/2000 or Windows NT.
- Knowledge of analog/digital theory and schematic reading is essential.
- Understanding of the production line and testing.
- A familiarity with CAD files is highly desirable.
- Introduction and Overview.
- Translating and Importing CAD Data.
- Alchemist 98B.
- Import the Bill of Materials.
- Identify Components.
- Revise Data.
- Probe Placement (Tester Only)
- Export Data.
- Understand the overall purpose and functionality of Alchemist III.
- Import and/or translate CAD data.
- Use Alchemist 98B to translate CAD data.
- Import the Bill of Materials using the A3 BOM Wizard.
- Identify Components using existing and user-created rule sets.
- Revise project data for up load to other testers and software platforms.
- Panelize the product.
- Place Test Probes.
- Export data to other testers and software platforms.
Course info for download:
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Back to Courses